Finally!! First off... WELCOME to Ankara Delights by Evelyn O!
Excited to be here! You should be too :)
Now, I know I could've just thrown some products up and said "Shop Online"... but where's the fun in that?? Especially considering how long overdue this site is. (All in God's time though, right? Right.)
Over the years, under my Ankara Miami brand, I've produced a number of special events including major runway productions, pop-up shops, day parties, and much more. Each include a mission to bridge the gap between Caribbeans, Black Americans, and Africans based here in the US & abroad as well as increase access to African made/owned fashion & goods.
It's been my calling since my reign as Miss Nigeria Florida wayyy back in 2011 to share pieces of what I call 'home' with anyone with a passion for culture - fashion, food, music... you name it! I'm here for the long haul, folks. Because this is me. Evelyn Onyejuruwa, the chocolate Libra born in Nigeria (Igbo Kwenu!) and raised in Miami/South Florida.
So, if you're just joining me - Welcome! If you're already part of the tribe - Welcome back! Either way, THANK YOU in advance for supporting and sharing the love! The site is fresh but the love of Africa & African fashion is deeply rooted. That said, check back weekly for new posts and plenty of new products. Matter of fact, don't forget to subscribe for first access, event announcements, and store updates on restocks! Heads up... Quantities are limited so if you see something that tickles your fancy, don't delay.
What else can you expect?
- Web exclusive promotions
- Style tips & headwrap tutorials
- Gift guides & curated collections
- Exclusive behind the scenes footage
- Engaging cultural (& fashionable) education
- Special guest commentary
- ... and much more!
If I'm missing a topic you're really interested in, drop a comment below. Feedback is always welcome!
If you've followed my journey, you know I'm ALL about Ankara and other African prints being incorporated into your everyday wear & use... NOT. Just. February :) So, what does that mean? Anything. From men & women's apparel to hand crafted accessories, home decor, & gift items. We're even dabbling in custom wear and are constantly on the search for even more QUALITY vendors & independent designers to service your needs. Ankara Delights is simply an extension of my closet, (Hey, Dionne! Lol), so let's get it!
Need help with colorful prints or creative gift ideas, I got you.
Don't need help but just want to shop fashionable trends? I still got you!
Also, if you're in South Florida, stop by the boutique and say hi! It's a dope, centrally located spot in Downtown Hollywood that I couldn't be more proud of.
Special thanks to our Visual Merchandiser, Dayjon (for keeping us fly & up-to-date), multi-disciplinary artist, Nzingah Oniwosan (for the beautiful custom mural), and my fave, DJ Baboo (for the curated African & Caribbean vibes).
Special thanks (in no specific order):
- GOD. Period.
- My supportive parents, Chief Richard & Dr. Francesca Onyejuruwa
- My talented baby bros, Chidi & Uzochi
- Dayjon Stephenson-Leslie of Dramatic Group, LLC & Dionne Dean - Retail Consultant
- Dr. Venessa Walker, Dr. M. Sandra Severe, Yemi Tucker, & Monique Hayes, Esq.
- My awesome graphic designer, Georges Etienne of 84 Studios
- Team Ankara Miami: Janelle, Denise, Alana, La-La the Fashionistis, Erika, Chello, Simone/Trudy & the entire NTS team, & all of our beautiful models
- Team Ankara Delights: Steva, Suhaila, Lisa, & Yvonne Ghyselinck Pearson of Melange Mode
- All of our African & black-owned in-store vendors
- Murphy Folorunsho, Miss Nigeria Florida Cultural Pageant Director
- ALL of my family, friends (esp. Sherri Shabazz), and long-time supporters
THANK YOU!! xo
Photo credit: Focal Muse | Designer: Wamuiru Couture | MUA: BeautyKarmaStudios | Hair: Simone Hylton/Natural Trendsetters
Site dedicated to the loving memory of my grandmother, Evelyn "Mama" Nwachi Chinye - a true Matriarch. (June 1923 - July 2019)
Afum gi nanya! 💞👑🇳🇬